If you set your mind to it, you can achieve your goals!!

My photo
Broken Arrow, OK, United States

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Tuesday night run ended up being a crawl.

See this little turtle? This is exactly how I felt tonight. I don't know why, but I could not find my pace.

I could go a couple of blocks, but then I would have to stop and walk. My legs felt so heavy and my hip was kinda bothering me. Poor Ruth, she was sweet enough to stay with me the whole 3 miles. My husband is getting on to me because I expect to be able to bounce right back after being sick. In fact, it's weird. Last night after work, I came home and started getting that achy feeling again in my shoulders and neck. So I took a bath, took a flexeril, and went to bed with heat on my shoulders. Jay woke me up and I was burning up again with 102 fever. It finally broke a couple hours later. I don't get it. I'm sure it's just a virus. My symptoms actually started 10 days ago. I'm almost finished with my antibiotics for the sinus thing, but this is different. I did google night fevers. Probably a mistake since I could have:
#1. Tuberculosis
#2. Lymphoma
#3. Malaria

This is a cool find. I bought Ruth one for her birthday and got myself one too. Unfortunately, I left the thing at home tonight! It's not the brightest light, but it does really work.
I found them at Academy. I made Hayley run with me Monday night while I was wearing my hat because it was so dark. She said I looked like a dork.
I'm not sure how anyone can really look cool wearing something like this anyway.
Kids, whatta they know????

3 comments:

BOCA said...

I am sorry to hear you aren't bouncing back like you'd like, but give yourself props for being out there at all...It's a smart thing to listen to your body and not overdo it..that's how injuries occur...The hat is AWESOME!!! Much groovier than my handy dandy flashlight!!

Susan Michaels said...

My daughter has been sick like you for 2 weeks now with a sinus infection. She too started running high fevers the 2nd week after her round of antibiotics so now she is on more of them. Hopefully soon you will be fully recovered.
I like the hat too.

Bobby said...

Come on now. Don't be sick for Thanksgiving.

Races I've run in....

  • 2008 Route 66 Quarter Marathon 1:23:13
  • 2008 Tulsa Run 5K 32:37
  • 2008 Run for the patch 5K 36:00
  • 2008 Mohawk 5000 5K 34:00
  • 2008 5 mi Poker Run@River
  • 2008 Green Corn Run 5K 32:55
  • 2008 Runaway 5K 32:36
  • 2008 Clean Air Challenge (1st in my division!!) 31:37
  • 2008 Day-Ohn-Day Run 5K 33:25
  • 2008 St Patrick's Day Run 5K 31:53
  • 2007 Jingle Bell Run 5K 31:43
  • 2007 Hog Jog 5K (1st Filly!!) 30:00
  • 2007 Jenks 2 mile 19:19
  • 2007 Run for the patch 5K (my 1st) 34:45