If you set your mind to it, you can achieve your goals!!

My photo
Broken Arrow, OK, United States

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Does my head look bigger??

I must have the Mother of all sinus infections because this one has really taken me down! I stayed home again today, say in my soft chair with my blanket and remote, watched some VH1, History Channel, Oprah. The weather outside looked absolutely beautiful, dang it. Hayley bounced in all happy after her run and announced she was off to go work on weights and her abs. im so jealous.
So I called Jay at work and told him he needed to stop at Walgreen's and get me a Netty pot because Dr Oz ( he's the guy who wrote YOU, the Owner's manual) said it's the best thing for plugged sinuses. So I go to youtube and watch a video on how it's done. verrryyy interrressting. So Jay delivers the pot, (no! not that kind silly!) and I ask him "Honey, do you want to watch?" he say's no thanks, he's not interested in seeing the insides of my head pour out into the sink. So I read the instructions, add the salt mixture and lukewarm water to the little netty pot and go for it. Kinda feels like a pressure in the front of your face, but not bad. I didn't choke or drown. I rather enjoyed it:) So, hopefully I'll be feeling better by tomorrow and I get get back on the horse! I mean the pavement!


5 comments:

T Z said...

Dana swears by hers. I just swear at it!

Bobby said...

Ewww. Hope you get better soon.

Susan Michaels said...

I have to do that everyday also for my sinus issues.My ENT Dr. prescribed it for me. What fun it is to have stuff coming out of your nose but it does make you feel better.

Unknown said...

Start feeling better Meggers! You'll be off and running in no time. Good job last weekend at Route 66!

BOCA said...

I love that youtube can show you how to fix anything.. Hope you feel better!!!

Races I've run in....

  • 2008 Route 66 Quarter Marathon 1:23:13
  • 2008 Tulsa Run 5K 32:37
  • 2008 Run for the patch 5K 36:00
  • 2008 Mohawk 5000 5K 34:00
  • 2008 5 mi Poker Run@River
  • 2008 Green Corn Run 5K 32:55
  • 2008 Runaway 5K 32:36
  • 2008 Clean Air Challenge (1st in my division!!) 31:37
  • 2008 Day-Ohn-Day Run 5K 33:25
  • 2008 St Patrick's Day Run 5K 31:53
  • 2007 Jingle Bell Run 5K 31:43
  • 2007 Hog Jog 5K (1st Filly!!) 30:00
  • 2007 Jenks 2 mile 19:19
  • 2007 Run for the patch 5K (my 1st) 34:45