If you set your mind to it, you can achieve your goals!!

My photo
Broken Arrow, OK, United States

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

A "Golden " day for a walk

Look at that sweet face, how could I deny her a walk? This pretty girl is named "Nana", we adopted her about 3 years ago from a couple in Jenks

.
Unfortunately, Nana has put on a few pounds this Winter, so a walk was necessary.

I know, I don't look too thrilled, it was freakin cold! But, I 've been really stressed out lately with my elderly parents, my 97 year old Grandmother, my college-aged son, and my soon to be college bound daughter so I figured i should get out since i haven't really been running much. i just can't seem to get motivated. Maybe i need some light therapy??

Nana say's "Hurry up Mom! Quit being depressed and walk me dammit!!!

Sniff, sniff...do i smell ducks?? Boy that water looks inviting!

Come on Mom! Quit taking pictures and let's get on with our walk!!! i know, i know, i'm a pretty girl.

Whoa nelly!!!!! See!! I told you i smelled some ducks!!

Sorry Nana, you can't go swimming today, it's too cold!!

Hurry up Mom, the sun is getting ready to set. I want to get in as much walking time as i can!!

Wow, they must have cut this tree down today because of the awful high winds we had here last night. what a waste!!

I'm startin to get a little thirsty, is that a water fountain up ahead??

See Mom, that wasn't so bad after all huh?? See what a little sunshine, cold wind, a brisk walk, and a wet kiss can do for you!!

Ahhhhh, home sweet home. Hey mom, tomorrow can we do it again, huh, please????



4 comments:

T Z said...

Nice post! :) Where are these trails? In BA?

meg said...

Thanks! I live directly across from Indian Springs Golf course, so when there aren't any hackers out it's a great place to go.

Bobby said...

Looks like you finally cheered up after a nice walk. Nice dog.

BOCA said...

I miss you Meg!! See you Saturday for the Jingle Bell Run!!

Races I've run in....

  • 2008 Route 66 Quarter Marathon 1:23:13
  • 2008 Tulsa Run 5K 32:37
  • 2008 Run for the patch 5K 36:00
  • 2008 Mohawk 5000 5K 34:00
  • 2008 5 mi Poker Run@River
  • 2008 Green Corn Run 5K 32:55
  • 2008 Runaway 5K 32:36
  • 2008 Clean Air Challenge (1st in my division!!) 31:37
  • 2008 Day-Ohn-Day Run 5K 33:25
  • 2008 St Patrick's Day Run 5K 31:53
  • 2007 Jingle Bell Run 5K 31:43
  • 2007 Hog Jog 5K (1st Filly!!) 30:00
  • 2007 Jenks 2 mile 19:19
  • 2007 Run for the patch 5K (my 1st) 34:45